Our mission is to strengthen and develop a dynamic and a growth-oriented textile sector.
- To work towards the overall development and growth of the handloom, Powerloom, Wool, Silk, Mills and Garment sectors.
- To regularly interact with the stake holders, understand their concerns and guide them towards solutions and effective capacity building.
- To support the various sectors in the areas of infrastructure, Marketing, Technology upgradation, training, Research and Development, Finance, Design input, Raw material supply, Exports, etc.
- To Monitor the implementation of various policies, Programmes and schemes and ensure effective participation in all government sponsored initiatives.
- To review and upgrade, modify and initiate new schemes for the benefit of the sector to face the challenges of globalization and avail of the opportunities provided by it.
- To ensure the continuity of many traditional weaves and designs and their survival and growth.
- To encourage weavers for their skills and commitments by honouring them with awards.
- To provide all assistance at all times for the uplift of the sector.
- Continue to formulate, implement and publicize policies, programmes and schemes pertaining to textile sector.
- Ensure transparency,efficiency,courtesy in office.
- Update our data base from time to time to serve better.
- Aim to make our office a paperless one.
- Acknowledge and ensure replies within 15 days to written inquiries.
- Ensure to be No Reminder Office.
- Take quick decisions and check delays.
- We aim at settling your complaints within 15 working days of their receipt.
- If we cannot, we will explain for the delay and time it will take to resolve.
- If you have any Information, clarification, suggestion, you are free to contact the nodal officer.
At Head Office
Gazetted Assistant to Commissioner for Textiles, Directorate of Handlooms and Textiles,
No.86, Shubhodaya Complex,Railway Parallel Road,Kumarapark West,Bangalore-560020
Phone : 22244829
Fax : 080-22226082
At District Level
The Deputy/Assistant Director,
Department of Handlooms and Textiles,
All the Districts.